link to final draft: PDF
(link to previous older revised draft: PDF )
My pre-assessment portfolio:
Parallel Project – Staging dislocated and disruptive narratives
Please, see see also the supporting materials
The work (stage 2) was prime viewed and screened on July 20th, 2019 at Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, Spitalfields, London E1 6AB with the support of The Open College of the Arts, UK (Caroline Wright, Carla Rees).
Remark: in order to have the best experience of the work, it is recommended to listen with good headphones with a frequency range down to 20Hz or Soundsystem that can cope with very low pitches.
Phases and stages of walk through
Stage 2 is the main outcome of the parallel project through my collaboration with music student Vicki Downey.
- Stage 1: Draft V1
- Stage 2: ‘Mindful Resonance Interaction (MRI)‘ – Live screening on July 20th at Toynbee Studios, London
- Stage 3: Abstract – stepping back to abstract from the narrative and finding more coherent visual work – on hold
- Stage 4: Speech-scape – informed by words and sound embracing the invisible
- Stage 5: Triple room installation – audience invited – in progress
Backstage imagery – Raw visual imagery edited out
Visual Imagery (painting, performative painting, moving images, performances) that one could not experience on 20th July 2019 at Toynbee Studios, London
Please, follow this link to a dedicated page on this blog featuring all visuals edited out:
Spin off ideas and unfinished ideas: acrylic disc, patient gown revealing inside, humming string , live performance as ‘killing repetition’, meditative space through audio-visuals
- Downey, V., Schaffeld, S.J. (2019a) ‘Communication with Vicki Downey (March-July 2019)’, [pdf], At: https://drive.google.com/open?id=143f1CRWaacfR2eCI9MDA8JkGj8hHDTmT
- Schaffeld, S.J. (2019a) ‘Parallel Project – A chronology’. [pdf], At: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11LPt8-Ww3nCTpPwZKxWa1XLQ_7A1xr67
- Schaffeld, S.J. (2019b) ‘Sketchbook #6’ [pdf], At: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11XCQDJcc88A0lV6xe5ijqC5124Yn-9R5
- Schaffeld, S.J. (2019c) ‘Reflective account of the event on 20th July 2019 at Toynbee Studios, London- and the collaboration’. [blog post] At: http://ocasp.stefanvisualart.com/?p=6649
- Schaffeld, S.J. (2019d) ‘Reflection on parallel project and feedback reveived’. [blog post] At: http://ocasp.stefanvisualart.com/?p=6883
- Schaffeld, S.J. (2019e) ‘Artist Statement’. [pdf], At: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10NwLkKHNq6-eFv8KcrBXXTbNE0cWgT8R